Winter Blogger Contest Rules
1. No Purchase Necessary.
Contest is only open to writers of travel blogs who update content consistently. Must live in the U.S., be 21 years of age and have an up-to-date passport. Employees, directors, and/or officers (including immediate family members or members of the household) of CLIMASHIELD, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules which shall be final in all respects.
2. How to Enter.
All entries, once submitted, become the property of CLIMASHIELD and shall not be returned. Any incomplete entries will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person. Entries must be submitted by midnight on October 7.
CLIMASHIELD shall select all finalists at its sole discretion. Winner must be an active travel blogger with a UVPM of at least 10,000. This winner will be notified via e-mail and Facebook. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. CLIMASHIELD will be responsible for round-trip airfare to either Calgary International Airport, Zurich or Geneva Switzerland or Helsinki, Finland, as chosen by winner. The winner also receives 6 nights lodging, $1500 stipend for activities, $1,000 stipend for meals, $500 stipend for transportation and a gear package. Trip must take place in January, February or March and be completed by April 15, 2015. If these rules differ from any promotional or other materials published in connection with the Contest, these rules shall control.
4. Conditions. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at CLIMASHIELD’s sole discretion. If the prize is unavailable, CLIMASHIELD reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. CLIMASHIELD also reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or these Official Contest Rules if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond CLIMASHIELD’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest, as determined by CLIMASHIELD, in its sole discretion. By participating, where allowable by law, entrant grants to CLIMASHIELD the worldwide right to publish, broadcast and use in any media, including the World Wide Web, participant’s entry, name, picture, and likeness, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winner may be required, in the sole discretion of CLIMASHIELD, to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release within ten (10) days of the issuance of such documents or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. In being selected, the winner is required to provide the following in association with the trip:
- Provide a minimum of 50 photos for the Company’s unlimited use on social media, the web, or anywhere else CLIMASHIELD deems fit. A Minimum of 25 of these must be distributed to CLIMASHIELD representatives during the trip (at regular intervals).
- Give CLIMASHIELD exclusive access to five photos from trip archives to use in promotions, tradeshows, etc.
- Winner must tag CS social media channels on posts throughout the trip and customer's products at least ten (10) times each (these can be combined, e.g. "The North Face sleeping bag featuring CLIMASHIELD insulation).
- Write and post a minimum of three (3) blogs with mentions of CLIMASHIELD and its customers products.
- Promote a CLIMASHIELD giveaway on blog and social media should CLIMASHIELD decide to include post-trip gear give away.
- Co-host a Twitter chat with CLIMASHIELD post-trip.
5. Liability. By participating in this Contest, you accept all risk and consequences of entry and participation in this Contest, and agree to release and hold CLIMASHIELD, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this Contest, including but limited to your entry and participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy. Entrant shall indemnify CLIMASHIELD, its officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to entrant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to this Contest. CLIMASHIELD assumes no responsibility for errors which may occur in the transmission of entrant’s entry. CLIMASHIELD is not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of the entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Rules, such entrant shall be subject to immediate disqualification. CLIMASHIELD reserves the right to terminate, modify or amend the Contest at any time if the fairness, integrity, and or proper administration of the Contest is jeopardized. IN NO EVENT SHALL CLIMASHIELD BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST. Entrant’s sole damages shall be limited to entrant’s actual out of pocket expenses, excluding attorneys’ fees. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND CONTEST ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. Law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Tennessee, United States of America, without regard to any choice of law principles. Entrant hereby agrees and irrevocably consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Tennessee and of the United States of America located in the State of Tennessee, USA, for any and all claims arising from or related to this Agreement. Entrant agrees that all claims relating to this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
7. Entire Agreement. These terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written. Facebook is not a sponsor nor an affiliate of this Contest.