Q: Who is HarVest CI?
A: In 2008, a privately held group of investors led by Jon Vesely and Ken Hardin purchased the Climashield brand and business.
Q: What does CLIMASHIELD® manufacture?
A: The core technology of Climashield insulation products is a unique continuous filament manufacturing process. This proprietary process provides a significant competitive advantage for Climashield products when compared to other competitive insulation offerings.
Q: What do you mean by "a unique continuous filament manufacturing process?"
A: Climashield is comprised of thousands of continuous strands of synthetic fibers in a unique interlocking solution. By carefully combining specially designed continuous fibers with our proprietary formation process, Climashield products are manufactured with superior thermal efficiency and durability performance to alternative insulations.
Q: What are the advantages of Climashield over down insulation?
A: There are many; however, we do recognize that down has excellent "dry" thermal efficiency performance. But insulation in today’s applications need to do so much more. This is why the US military removed down from their high performance gear many years ago:
- Climashield maintains thermal efficiency in wet and humid conditions. Down is a very poor insulator when wet.
- Climashield is more cost-effective than down. Down feathers can clump and separate requiring expensive manufacturing techniques during assembly and causing problems in the field.
- Climashield retains warmth over time, even after multiple uses and laundering while laundering down products can be very counter-productive.
- Live plucking issues continue to be reported when reaping down.
Q: How does Climashield perform versus other synthetic insulations?
A: Competitive insulation technologies are almost exclusively made from cut fibers, meaning the fiber strands are extremely short. This requires expensive quilting techniques and/or use of non-value added scrims in order to prevent clumping and separation. Moreover, laundering performance is poor, significantly impacting the thermal performance and shortening the life cycle of the final product.
In comparison, Climashield products require minimal to no quilting contingent upon article design and can be laundered repeatedly with no deterioration in thermal performance.
Q: How would Climashield sum up its competitive product position?
A: Here are the key advantages of Climashield:
- Durable Warmth: Delivers consistent warmth throughout the life of the product no matter how many times the garment is stretched, washed or packed.
- Warm When Wet: Maintains warmth in wet and humid conditions and enhances breathability by allowing moisture to exit out and away from the body.
- Resiliency: Keeps its original shape after repeated uses and prolonged storage
- Greater Warmth at Lighter Weights: Offers lower basis weights at a given clo-value.
- Application Specific Product Line: The Climashield family of products are designed for the specific application requirements whether it be lightweight warmth, stretch, compressibility or softness.
- Cost Value: With superior durability and warmth at a given weight, Climashield provides the best insulation value opportunity for the user due to lower final product assembly and insulation costs.
Q: How does Climashield brand its product family and how do you market these products?
A: Our marketing logo is simple - "Don't Listen To Us, Test It For Yourself." We encourage all our customers to test Climashield and make their own comparisons. Climashield brands include:
- APEX (sleeping bags and outerwear)
- CONTUR (outerwear, gloves and footwear)
- PRISM (sleeping bags and outerwear)
- COMBAT(sleeping bags and outerwear)
- CL (sleeping bags)
- HL (sleeping bags and outerwear)
- ELITE (comforters and quilts)
Q: Do you have any recyclable products?
A: Yes, our CONTUR brand is 100% recyclable.
Q: How do I purchase or inquire about Climashield products?
A) Visit our contact page to be directed to the right person in your region.