- Climashield® batting should be allowed to recover if vacuum-packed prior to cutting. For best results, remove the outer bag and lay flat for 24 hours.
- Do not store rolls of Climashield® technical insulation on end.
- Quilting may be reduced or eliminated when using Climashield®.
- The direction of batting is critical if minimal quilting is used. Batting width must be placed in the direction of the greatest weight.
- Climashield® construction requires specific sewing fittings and adjustments for ease of stitching. Most important are:
- Closed toe foot-upturned
- Feed dog-throat combinations should be as closed as possible to prevent snagging
- Throat plate with proper needle hole size
- Presser foot, pressure-adjusted for consistent fabric feeding
- Needle size depends on operation and bulk
- Feed dog-throat plate should be aligned to provide nick-free surfaces
- The only required stitching, aside from design aesthetics, is at the edges where filament ends occur
- Special carrier fabrics are not required for any of the Climashield® polyester products.
- Neither nonwoven materials nor expensive downproof fabrics are required.
- This offers manufacturers expanded style options, unlimited by the restrictions posed by down and microfiber insulation.
- However, fabric construction must be tight enough to inhibit fiber migration.
- Wash with a mild detergent in cold or warm water (not to exceed140°F or60°C). Air or tumble dry on low heat. Do not dry clean.